FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Lounge Best Option
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:49 pm
number_6
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by ADL2018
Staying in Singapore in the new year and trying to work out which hotel to stay in. We love making use of a club lounge at the end of the day. With 2 young kids I am aware that many lounges have restrictions regarding children so we are trying to find which hotel is best suited to this trip.....
Conrad has 2 lounges; the kid-friendly lounge is on the 4th floor by the pool, also used for status based access, while the club lounge is on the top floor. Same amenities except only the upstairs lounge serves champagne. I;m not aware of any other hotel in Singapore having 2 separate lounges (they originally had only the top floor lounge but built second lounge when renovating the hotel and kept it to accomodate status based lounge access).

Otherwise I like the Fullerton hotel, which seemed to allow kids into the lounge at any time as long as they are well behaved; be aware that this hotel has 30 different room types, due to being a conversion of a historic building (post office) and there are huge variations from one room to another. Some really great rooms/suites and some crummy ones. It is about 200m walk to MRT station (mostly indoors so not too bad), and a great location on the river.