FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No alternative but to be SCREWED due to a Virgin Schedule Change !
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:10 am
RedRooibos

Programs: SAA Voyager, VAA Flying Club, IHG
Originally Posted by BritBoyInFL
Thanks RedRooibos, exactly the information and clarification I was looking for. It seems my situation may have been handled differently had the change been > 3 hours. I agree, if I'm suggesting a change a routing as a solution and that routing has a fare difference, that's my responsibility. FYI : The misconnect can be ignored, anyone (me included) booking separate tickets accepts the risk. But what's important is what should an airline do when there is a change of schedule, and where is the line drawn ? 2 hours, 3 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours ? I can't argue that 3 isn't reasonable (as per your information) and unfortunately this issue just fell short of that.
Yes, I agree. Five hours seemed very harsh; and I think this was the timeframe when they were mainly a point to point leisure /NYC Business airline rather than now we're they collaborate with DL and other JV members more. Three hours does seem fair; and in line with industry practice. I'm not sure if you've already paid the change but perhaps press to see if they will waive the change fee if you pay the fare difference. Hope you have a good flight.