FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: I need $5 AQD
Thread: Question: I need $5 AQD
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:07 am
jc94

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Are you talking about paid general advanced seat selection because of your restrictive fare, or are you talking about preferred seats? Since you are talking about exit rows, it sounds like Preferred Seats.
Regarding preferred seats, be careful: if you get an aircraft swap and your seat changes to a non-preferred seat then you'll get a refund and most likely no AQD for those!

If I were you, I'd play it safe and do something like investigating an upfare (as per above suggestion) or other suggestions others might give in this thread.
AC only tends to automatically refund these in cases of LMU/eUp/Bid. Not paid for seats lost via a swap, I had to request it. But it does seem a bit of a chance.

In addition, I scanned the AC page on AQD wondering about BoB options and apparently bids and indeed seat selection do not count: I thought they did.

Currently, the amount you successfully bid to obtain an upgrade as part of the AC Bid Upgrade program does not count toward your AQD balance.
You will not earn AQD for other purchases, including:
  • baggage service charges
  • a Maple LeafTM Club membership
  • a Last Minute Upgrade purchase
  • standard or Preferred seat selection charges
  • Air Canada Bistro purchases
In terms of helping with this $5, is there still a known issue with AC sometimes not posting any/correct AQD? Might be worth a scan of your dashboard in case you have something (> $5) missing?

The only option excepting one being wrong, would appear to be an upfare.