FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your Top 10 Wishlist for AN Frequent Flyer
Old Feb 1, 2002, 6:53 pm
Bundy Bear

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
I actually think that the 1.25, 1, .7 is a good idea.

Some recognition of those old points needs to be taken into consideration. We all agree there.

One idea of have thought of is this.
20,000 points is the round trip Sydney-Brisbane as an example. If the average member has 26,000 points them maybe this could be used for free trips to be used in the first year.
Virgin Blue were basically giving seats away on the Tues-Wed-Thurs, where loads are light maybe Ansett should be basically giving a third of the plane away as award seats in those times and you use the old points.

I think customers having their points available to use on other alliance airline programs will make them go broke so it has to be separate.

So basically you would only pay for the taxes, but Ansett would have reasonable fall planes, they are not going to have customers booking Ansett until something is assured so there will be plenty of free space.
During peak times, and weekends you would just have less seats to give away.

With this idea the points are not part of the new program but allows people to use some of the points on seats in the first few months so at least the planes are not flying empty. I think any empty plane would be worse than a fall plane even if third the passengers are flying for free.

Maybe there would be run of seats but you are still capacity controlling.

Anyone know how many free seats are given away on any one flight.

------------------
Indecision is the key to flexibility