FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:54 am
LWT3

Originally Posted by teddy25
Someone (8/65 follower and had many many many AA cards)I know got the 7-10 message and got declined after a follow up calll. Will report back on the letter.
Thanks, Teddy. Please share whatever you learn. Two months ago I decided that instead of applying every 33 days I was going to apply once every 65. The reason was because on my last app, when Citi called to verify that I was the one who applied, they noted that there were apps for multiple people (all relatives in my circle) coming from the same IP address. Checking IP addresses is a new level of scrutiny. I decided then to reduce the frequency of apps to hopefully get auto-approved and avoid eyeballs on the file. It worked for my wife. I applied for her on day 65 (October 29th), she was auto approved, received the card, met the spend, bonus has posted, and we haven't even gotten the "was it you?" call yet. Today was day 64 for me, and I applied just because it's a slow day for me today and I didn't want to do it on the holiday tomorrow. Unfortunately, I got "further processing required, we'll get back to you within 7-10 days". I won't call, but I do wonder if I'll get approved after a perfunctory review or if this will be more difficult.