FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - driving from Victoria Falls through Kasane, Botswana to Ngoma, Namibia
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:16 am
jimcoddington

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Originally Posted by DrMarkMicro
We went across the Botswana-Zimbabwe border in both directions on that road in September and, contrary to what we had been told, the crossing formalities were speedy (certainly by African standards). Apparently they've recently revised the arrangements on the Zimbabwe side and it's a lot more efficient.
There are still a lot of roadworks and queuing lorries around the ferry (eventually to be a bridge) crossing in to Zambia on the Botswana side, but we got through that section quite quickly, too.
Thank you for the information, I really do appreciate it.

Did you rent your car at Livingstone, Zambia (LVI) airport? The reason I ask is because you mentioned a ferry/bridge on your drive, from what I can tell on Google Maps is that there is a ferry/bridge when crossing from Zambia into Botswana, close to Kasane, Botswana, so you probably rented your car in LVI. If I rent a car in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe airport (VFA), it does not look like I have to cross any bodies of water on my drive according to Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Vict...17.9170233!3e0

Did you do a day trip driving from Victoria Fall, or did you stay in Namibia? Do you mind sharing what you did, I would be very interested?