FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How early to arrive at CDG for seasoned traveler? Air France economy
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:01 am
DCJoe1

Originally Posted by tbaiyun

For the seats, if you want to stay together, pay. That is August dude.... You may even try to see the seat map for a flight on Thursday out of CDG, I don't really think you will be able to find a full row of empty seats. And remember, connecting pax get their seats first, as their OLCI open T-30 for the FIRST flight.
Yeah, I hear that and will likely pay for the seats. If we end up switching flights (if the miles cost drops and we switch to the earlier flight), will the fee paid for the seat reservation carryover to the new flight?

Thanks for the ideas about Roissybus/Le Bus Direct. We will likely have Navigo Decouverte cards, so taking the Roissybus/RER makes the most sense as it will be included in the card cost. Since our last day is at the Paris Hilton right by Gare St. Lazare/Haussmann, taking the RER E to the RER B seems the best choice. We are very used to taking trains in cities and travel light with mostly carry-on sized bags.

Thanks for indulging my questions- I know Paris and CDG T1 very well, but have never flown Air France before other than a single business class one-way JFK-CDG.