FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Combine Accounts Update
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:45 am
Saidoh

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by Typhoonpilot
I am keeping mine separate on purpose for the exact reason above. I am trying to hit Marriott Lifetime Gold under the old rules (500 nights and 1.6 million points) by year end. Should actually have it wrapped up by the end of November or early December. Once old Lifetime Gold is confirmed by Marriott I will combine accounts, but not until then.
If you are on pace to get there soon, then I agree with just keeping things separate until you pass the finish line because you can never be too sure with these things. However, my personal data point seems to contradict what has long been reported here, so I'll share in case anyone out there is in a slightly different boat. Lifetime night and point stats based on legacy Marriott rules were still visible on the site for a few weeks after the merger, including a week or so after I combined. I checked my balance then, rechecked periodically until it went away, got screenshots of everything along the way, and also called in for an updated balance just last week (the call lasted a total of three minutes, BTW). Based on that, all of my lifetime SPG nights, as well as all of my post-8/18 SPG points, were included in my legacy Marriott stats.
PS. Also contrary to popular belief, after I combined, my lifetime years increased by the 2 SPG years I had from matching with Marriott.

Last edited by Saidoh; Nov 21, 2018 at 6:12 am