FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No alternative but to be SCREWED due to a Virgin Schedule Change !
Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:14 am
BritBoyInFL

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Au contraire. You can buy a single ticket on BA/VS routings that give the usual advantages and protections. People make this assumption that you can't and that BA and VS are enemies all the time but it is an incorrect assumption

Though it is often a more expensive than separate ones - just as it would be if this was a BA only routing - you do get the protection of a single ticket......
Thanks for the insight. I know I could have got a single ticket, but the 'under statement' of your reply was "Though it is often a more expensive than separate ones" ..... How about close to 500 quid more ! :O

Overall, this isn't that big a ball ache, I've swapped $150 for not having to do LGW-LHR with National Express

I was just surprised that as the change was a direct result of VA, I had thought they would be more receptive to a no cost switch. But, I don't have status with VA, and so TKIAN (They Know I Am Nobody)