Old Nov 20, 18, 9:14 pm
Thai-Kiwi

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer View Post
Airlines want to present all options. And so for this option: where are they supposed to show it??
I won't be drawn into a (heated) debate about whether presenting all such 'options' (where the majority of the journey is in economy) is actually ethical or sensible...

Are they supposed to show these fares to people that are searching for economy flights? That makes no sense. People searching for economy seats are much more price sensitive and it's almost insulting to present a business class fare to them that they can't afford but wish they could. ?
A corollary to your statement might be "Are they supposed to show these fares to people that are searching for business flights? That make no sense (as well). People searching for business seats are expecting a business cabin on all sectors, and it is almost insulting to present options that includes an economy cabin"

So where do you show this option? You show it to the people searching for business fares. You show them the option of the mixed classes. Should Air NZ not present mixed class tickets at all? What about the people that would rather have at least 1 leg in J?
It should be very easy to code a pop-up that says something like "We cannot offer a business seat in all sectors for your journey. If you wish to offered options with mixed business and economy class cabin, click here to proceed otherwise cancel back to the main booking page". Or perhaps the 'mixed fare' purchase process could include a dialog warning step along the lines "The fare you have selected contains a mix of economy and business cabins. Press 'I understand' to proceed or Cancel".

These are my starters for 10...