Old Nov 20, 18, 5:35 pm
oranjemakker
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold Elite; Qantas Platinum; China Southern Gold; Marriott PPE; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer View Post
Yeah I entirely disagree with everyone getting up in arms about this. Do I feel sorry for OP. Definitely. Easy mistake to make first time.

But it is pretty clearly sign posted as per industry standard. And I am surprised this is coming as such a shock to ffs as over in the USA this happens all the time if you try and book J - I have had mixed fare bookings a lot, and it's not really any better sign posted here? Definitely not fair go worthy.
The point is, i am guessing the OP is not a frequent flyer, and he is coming here to ask for advice from frequent flyers. To turn around and say you should know better is hardly helpful. Put yoursefl in the shoes of someone who doesn't fly regularly and books a business fare, it should be business. Simples.
To me this could be perfect Fair Go territory. If a flight has a leg that is not business, it should be sold as a Mixed fare, clearly marked at the top, not as a footnote IMO