FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AKL-SYD-PER mixed class booking on Air NZ - QF codeshare
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:32 pm
oranjemakker

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sbiddle
How do you should it be highlighted better than it is at present? IMHO it's fairly well presented with a different background colour so it's not just standard text.

I'm curious how people think it should be presented because It's something I'll mention it to a friend there when I catch up with them next.

I just looked at some random flights on NZ, QF, UA and AA and have snippets below. I think both NZ and QF do a very good job showing the mixed flights and making it clear compared to the two examples from AA and UA.

Here's how QF present the same scenario

Here's how United present the same scenario - you need to click on the "mixed cabin" text to see a popup showing the UA flight as business and Air NZ as economy.

And here's how American present the same scenario - despite me looking extensively everywhere there is not a single mention anywhere in the booking process that the JQ flight is only a single class of service in economy.
Sorry but outside of the frequent flyer world we all live in, and agreed its not an issue for me personally, but from an everyman scenario its totally misleading. The Air NZ screenshot your provided says clearly its a "business" fare. That is not what they are providing. These airlines are the same people who tried to deceptively add credit card charges, taxes etc etc and not show it transparently and have to be continually regulated.

if you went to McDonalds and ordered a big mac, and they then gave you a cheese burger because they were short on patties, but still charged you for the Big mac, wouldn't that be deceptive? A footnote on the receipt does not resolve this.