FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - can i take a computer monitor, and computer parts in checked baggage with aer lingus?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:29 am
milkyjoe

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
So they say no fragile or computer or electronic items and you want to check fragile computer and personal electronic items and think that is within the limits? You have literally admitted that you know everything word for word violates the terms but want assurance that for you they are permitted. Good luck.
I'd also worry about US customs with the going on holiday reason, and taking a computer monitor along vs. say, the more typical laptop computer.
Watch "Border Security" and see how they love to pry them open looking for contraband.
actually you have it slightly wrong. i wanted assurance that they *aren't* permitted, and now i have it. you didn't need to react the way you did. i haven't flown for over 10 years and i was so astounded on reading it, i could hardly believe it and i wasn't totally sure that i was understanding correctly what i was reading. that i couldn't take 'fragile or valuable' items in my checked baggage without risking loss or damage at my own expense. around 2005 i had a guitar in checked baggage which was destroyed in transit and i was compensated for it.