FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MS Surface Book - any users here on FT...?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:07 am
Gaucho100K
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Interested in a little more feedback on your too little CPU and too much GPU Comment. Do you think this still applies for the Book 2 model with the 15 Inch and therefore I7 processor...?

I will not be using this as a Gaming Laptop, I may run the occasional game or two but it will be a Business laptop for 95% of its usage. I do want the tablet option and also a 15 inch screen, hence my interest in the Surface series of products. Also, I do need a real/full keyboard as Im a very fast typist and am worried about overall feel and response - if you have a review of the keyboard that would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !!!

Originally Posted by nkedel
The Surface Book still seems inexplicable to me -- too much GPU, too little CPU, and zero expandability, for a weighty price (at least before discounting.) At least with the 8th generation quad-core U-series i5 and i7 processors, they finally have enough CPU power on them that I don't need to caution power users away from them entirely.