FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AKL-SYD-PER mixed class booking on Air NZ - QF codeshare
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:16 pm
sbiddle

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by scotty1314
Thanks. That may be the problem. The fare class Sydney to Perth was described as "V" when the ticket reached me four days after I booked it. There is no warning of this downgrade on Air New Zealand's website and the box which you highlighted in red did not appear on my ticket. Do you know if this is a recent addition? At best, this is deceptive advertising and at worst, it is breach of contract. Another galling factor is that I could have bought a guaranteed business class ticket with Virgin via Melbourne for $100 less.
The red box was added for the image - it is not present on the website.

It would seem highly likely you've simply not fully read the details of the ticket class or fare before buying it, so it's certainly something to be aware of of before clicking the buy button because flights on BP on NZ metal the whole way are around the same price or cheaper.

This is not a "downgrade" as such. It certainly is listed as economy on the website, and is consistent with Air NZ notifications and text won other partner airlines when you book a ticket that has a different class of service on a partner airline.