FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - can i take a computer monitor, and computer parts in checked baggage with aer lingus?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:30 pm
milkyjoe

can i take a computer monitor, and computer parts in checked baggage with aer lingus?

flying aer lingus UK to USA for holiday

i'm very soon travelling to the usa from edinburgh via dublin (stobart to dublin), but the conditions of carriage say that in checked baggage there may be 'no fragile items' and 'no computers' 'no personal electronic devices'.

the things i want to take are a computer monitor and a computer peripheral, both fragile, but would be fine if handled with care as would be carefully packed. both quite expensive.

Edit: what about compensation for items damaged or lost in transit in my bag? if i was carrying several middle to high value items? i would like to buy and bring back some pc parts from the states too and worry whether i would be protected in the event of theft, loss or damage to them.. being as it goes against their 'conditions of carriage' in the baggage section of their legal details pages.... ... kind of conditions are those

Last edited by milkyjoe; Nov 19, 2018 at 3:40 pm Reason: added question about compensation in the event of bag contents damage in transit