Old Nov 19, 18, 3:14 pm
rocky_nnc

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
Originally Posted by linglingfool View Post
It was my experience (and quite a few others online, from what I've read), that the first transfer can often be lost indefinitely, or at least for many weeks. I made one transfer that never made it, followed by another one a couple hours later that posted instantly.

My advice: transfer the minimum number of points the very first time you transfer (currently 1k), and then transfer the balance that you need immediately.

Mine at least had a happy ending, as the points posted months later, and Citi was willing to refund the TYP to me after 15 days, so a nice bonus. Rep said he had never been able to cancel a points transfer before, but no issues when he tried for me.
After long chat i pushed to refund back to TYP , 48 hours was the deadline promised on 11/09 and nothing yet & nobody next knows about the issue at all.
Have to start with "long long time ago" every damn time.
Like you said if i transferred 1000 points first time and say lose it , the second one will also be lost , 14 days is lame. Award booking is time sensitive; with Capital One opening up these guys are going to run for cover or get their .... together.