FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Upsell Offers to Business/First at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD) [Archive]
Old Nov 18, 2018, 11:52 pm
SFOdelayed

Programs: United 1MM GS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by nomad420
GS with 100% CPUs this year out of SFO this year!! Need I say more. As a 1K I can't even remember the last CPU! I basically apply instruments to ALL my flights and still only rarely clear those. I as well gift most mine away or should I say attempt to. I ate at least 10 GPUs last year and will probably have nearly the same this year. Although I did have a run of instrument upgrades go through earlier in the year to Hawaii during the volcano/hurricane when no one was heading over to the Islands and flights were empty.
Didn’t you previously say that you deliberately chose to book some segments on LH either last year or the year before? And I recall you were pretty close.

Luckily UA flies direct to pretty much everywhere I need to go so I don’t have to go out of my way to consolidate spend.