FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newbie using F class.......
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:57 pm
SQTraveller

Originally Posted by JohnGreat
Folks,
Need some advises on my upcoming trip on CX’s F class in a few weeks. Pardon my ignorance, this is my 1st and I bet will be my only opportunity to fly via F class. Remind myself as if I am one of the “The Beverly Hillbillies” …….. Any feedback are welcome. Here are my questions,
  1. I’ll be flying F class from SFO – HKG with a transit time of two hours before my connecting flight which will be in J class
    • Based on what I have read, I am still entitled to use F class lounge in HKG although my connecting flight is in J. Am I correct?
    • Assuming my arrival is on time, will 90 minutes sufficient for me to have a decent breakfast either in the Wing’s/Pier’s F lounge, not the buffet? Without rushing. I am estimating 30 minutes for walking from my embarking gate and disembarking gate plus passing through security. I just pray it’s not one in Gate 1 and the other in Gate 60. BTW, @ 6ish in the morning, are the F lounge fully open?
    • I tried to change to a later connecting flight but MPC said I will have to pay penalty for making changes. For US$300, I’ll pass. Any work around?
  2. Can I request for a lady’s amenity kit although I am an old man? When do I request? At check-in or on the flight? I never use those amenities anyway and do not intend to use the F class pajama, because someone has already begging for 2 sets (Round trip)
    • Will it be alright if I change to my T-Shirt and shorts just as I do when I normally flew in J? The last thing I want to hear is someone mentioning a wield old man wearing boxer short and T-Shirt running around in F cabin.
  3. On my return flight from HKG - SFO, I intend to head to the airport right after checking out @ noon although my departure time is 1am
    • Will that be too much? Again, I will be very upset if I later read someone writing on “CX Secret” about a Golden Mountain big uncle living in CX’s F lounge and hopping around lounges
    • I plan to explore both The Wing’s and the Pier’s F class lounge during those 12 hours.
      • I even plan to take a bath/shower and not at the hotel. Which lounge for bath do you suggest? Wing or Pier? May I assume F lounge hopping is allowed?
      • I will like to have lunch, afternoon tea and dinner plus supper before I head to my departure gate @ 00:30
      • I plan to use “The Retreat” in the afternoon for resting. No massage planed
      • Anything else I can do or experience in the lounge?
      • Is there a way to predict which gate my flight will be departing from?
Please do post a trip report !!!