FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA denied boarding - no compensation
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:46 pm
GinFizz

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Mrlmrl
Hi everyone,
I've just found this forum and wanted to check if I can get any help to figure out what to do with my situation. Thanks in advance for reading.

Meral
Welcome to the forum Meral! I am sure you will get some useful information here to help you resolve what sounds like a very frustrating experience. Just a quick note for you that new members are only allowed 5 (I think) posts in first 24 hours after registering - so it is best not make a single reply post to each question asked - wait and reply to a few questions in one post if you can.(if you hit the post-limit contact one of the moderators - I think clicking on the "question mark in a triangle" icon - on the left side using the desktop version and at the bottom right using the mobile version - will do this).

Can you clarify what you meant by "We sent them the credit card records proving that we used our card on that day in the airport"?
Does that mean you that you physically presented the card at a point-of-sale terminal (either swiped/touchless/via chip) at the airport? If that is the case then I very much agree that:

Originally Posted by silonic
.... It would therefore not make sense that you decided not to show the card when supposedly asked for it at the airport.
I would certainly press further on this one. There should I think be a time-stamp on any notes added to the PNR (someone please correct me if am wrong about that) - and my first thought would be to check exactly when the statement that "passenger was informed of requirement to present card" was added. I am sure others will have more valuable advice but wish you good luck with resolving this to your satisfaction.

Last edited by GinFizz; Nov 18, 2018 at 11:18 pm