FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott.com website : bugs, glitches and outages
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:19 pm
khabah

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Three new, first-time issues that recently cropped up for me that only exacerbate my frustrations with Marriott's IT:
  1. As always, I made a reservation at Sheraton Grand Doha through the official channels, checked-in, completed my four-night stay and checked-out. While legacy SPG properties usually post account activity within two days, I waited a week before calling the hotel and asking about the posting and they told me that the stay had posted, but I should wait the full ten days before seeing it. When I called the Ambassador line, they were unable to find the stay based on my confirmation number, even though I had the confirmation e-mail and the details show up on my app. Here we are - ten days later and nothing; time to submit the the nth missing stay request.
  2. I checked into W Doha last Saturday and after having made the reservation through the hotel's website, I arrived to them having no record of my reservation. Showed them the app and confirmation e-mail and still, nothing on their side. When I was told the hotel was full, I naturally got nervous but after much clicking, the front desk agent told me he got me a room and matched the rate on my original booking.
  3. Made a reservation at the Sheraton Grand Edinburgh for next month on the app last night and e-mailed the Ambassador line of the stay details with a few requests... and they can't find the stay based on the confirmation number Marriott sent me. Informed that Sheraton recently migrated to the Marriott platform [which we all know at this point], so I forwarded the confirmation e-mail and now I'm hoping for the best.
At this point, I'm throwing my arms up and thinking 'double-you tee eff?' Anyone else with similar experiences/thoughts?

khabah