FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:29 pm
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Siweltj
I don't blame the ambassador and my comment pertained to Marriott's lack of costumer service and failure to assign an ambassador for two months and respond to complaints. But you all want to make excuses, then do that. My experience with Marriott Platinmum customer care has been a total disappointment that reflects a lack of knowledge about their own benefits that they offer. Marriott is a brand and if you cannot deliver a consistent customer delivery throughout your organization, then that is a failure.
I can understand the disappointment, but if you think answers here are about making excuses, then in my humble opinion you are mistaken.

We all share information on FT and I am sorry to hear about your experience, and take note of it. My personal opinion is that there are short-term issues that Marriott needs to deal with but I am not willing to toss the entire hotel chain to the curb permanently if those are just be temporary problems for some lower end hotels such as Courtyards. That does not excuse the problems, but deciding now that these are permanent problems when they might not be, is a conclusion that might not serve you well.

I think in the end everybody will make their own individual decision and I am glad to have more information at my disposal than less information. That said, you are free to take advice here or ignore it.