FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - B797 - True Or False
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:03 pm
ChamplinAl

I originally posted this on wrong thread....I will try again, sorry:...... Can I put my 2 cents worth into the discussion. Boeing has current narrow bodies that has the capacity up to 220 seats (737MAX10's) and Wide bodies from 260 seats (787-800's). The "797's appear not to have a clear position (nitch) anywhere in either narrow or wide category. The only question is whether its an aircraft for international or domestic usage (a 757 replacement basically being a domestic aircraft) or international usage (a 767 replacement is the international aircraft). So, that being said, Boeing would receive a lot more satisfied customers by building a smaller international wide body aircraft at or just larger the the current 737MAX10 - in the neighborhood of 230 seat up to 260 seat aircraft. Now, that being said, can Boeing build such an aircraft and get it economical enough to use on (I guess) on the TATL routes exclusively? Maybe I'm way off base on my thinking - please give feedback, I'm all ears.