FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - first greece trip ... Amanzoe and ??
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:54 am
scented

Originally Posted by Romelle
Bookstore, Amazon and/or library for an armload of travel guides. And www.tripadvisor.com for hotel reviews and lists of things to do.

For travel guides, I favor Lonely Planet and Rough Guide. But these are budget simple hiking back-packing ones. I'd guess you will want the more upscale ones. There are many very different ones. Browse the various ones until you find which appeals to you personally. Fodors and Insight might be good starts.

It doesn't always work, but worth looking for the Greek equivalent of our Chamber of Commerce, and writing or emailing. I once got a lovely brochure from France that way. "The Painters of the Light". It described where the French Impressionists worked and lived. And had a suggested trail for seeing the locations and museum of their work, all along the south of France. I followed it and it was one of my more memorable and successful trips. I think trips need a goal or an overarching plan or a reason. Why are you going to Greece?
Gosh, they are looking for hotel/destination advice, not a how-to description for travel newbies.

O&O Kea Island might also be of interest to you, might check w/ Dolphin about latest construction update and possible opening date, but I fear later than your travel dates.