FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta DM experience flying China Eastern
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:43 am
mattya9

Programs: Delta DM
Well I've just returned from my LAX-PVG-HKG-PVG-LAX trip in J. Overall, I'm disappointed with the international J product on MU. Not that this should be a complete shocker to anyone, especially if you've flown it before. Both flights to/from LAX were on their 77W. The seats weren't terrible but they weren't great. Entertainment options weren't great but they had more newly released movies than I thought. Cabin crew were very friendly but not extremely attentive. And the food.... we'll just call it what it is and that's terrible. On the domestic side I was pleasantly surprised. I went in with low expectations and came out rather impressed. Both flights to/from PVG to HKG were on A321's with the return to PVG on a newer 321 with winglets. The seats were comfy with good legroom. Entertainment options were the same as on the 777. Cabin crew was very friendly and quite attentive (although to be fair they had far less people to take care of than on a 777). As for the meals (or light snack) both were fairly good/edible.

Moving forward I hope MU works to make their product better across the board, especially if Delta continues to make them their #1 Sky Team partner in Asia. However, I think it's safe to say we're all hoping for option #2 to happen and that is DL will replace MU with KE as their primary Asia partner in the near future. I wonder if DL is realizing MU isn't quite working out as they expected with the sub-par on board product as well as experience at PVG. With the new terminal open at ICN and KE already offering a superior product me thinks it's just a matter of time for DL to push MU to the side and focus on KE once again. What say you?

OPS