FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Club Price Increase and No More Single Visit Passes
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:16 am
pbarnette
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by KeepDeltaMyDelta

I agree. They should be rebranded The Delta Morrison’s Cafeteria Club.

Delta has done a lot to improve the clubs from 15 years ago. However sales and operations are not in sync.
I don’t think branding is the issue, but pricing. Someone that travels half the year is basically paying for a Bud Light and a bowl of pretzels each visit. If people actually thought about how little $600 is, they wouldn’t be upset about the lack of exclusivity.

Yeah, DL plays up the luxury a little too much, but people need to take some responsibility for reading past the marketing. I mean, I’m heading to an all-inclusive because some friends are having a wedding there. The place advertises itself as being a luxury resort, but that doesn’t mean I believe them. I know that it simply isn’t possible to provide me world class food and drink and lodging and service for what they charge. I’ll go and drink well margaritas and eat middling to bad food. I’ll probably even have a good time. What I won’t do is be surprised or indignant about it.

Again, it is $600. It isn’t much money. Temper expectations.