FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3 777-200 Aircraft Type Swaps in 1 Day. I am exhausted...
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:49 pm
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unhappy 3 777-200 Aircraft Type Swaps in 1 Day. I am exhausted...

So, I am flying out of the US on Saturday on a 10ish hour flight. As any good FTer would do, I did my research and got myself a Row 20 aisle seat on the interim seat map (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...my-2018-a.html).

Overnight Wednesday night, the Polaris + Premium Plus seat map showed up. Unfortunately, not only did the computer not put me in the PP cabin (I am 1K), I lost my bulkhead also. After checking many times through out the day Thursday, I managed to get row 20 aisle on the PP cabin by Thursday evening!

Friday morning, it swapped to the 3 + 3 + 3 777. Again, I lost my bulkhead seat. Luckily, I was able to get a seat in row 21 - the one that does not have a seat in front of it. Not PP but still kind of nice.

Noon time Friday, it swapped back to the Polaris + PP plane. I got assigned a regular Y+ aisle seat. Luckily, I managed to get an exit seat in the back, then eventually a PP cabin seat freed up and then somehow someone moved me to row 20 - bulkhead aisle.

3 hours later, it swapped back to the 3 + 3 + 3 777. I got assigned a bulkhead window, which I don't want on a 10+ hour flight. The row 21 good seats were taken. Luckily, the 3 + 3 + 3 777s have a lot more Y+ seats so at least I could get an aisle seat - not bulkhead though.

Other than the initial swap, each time I got a text.

I know the weather out east might have something to do with all the swaps. Still, I wonder if they consider all the chaos and stress this causes the passengers and I think their algorithm is also questionable.

I guess the bright side is that I am so tired from dealing with all these things, I might actually be able to sleep on the plane tomorrow