FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:08 pm
ExpertFlyer Voice
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by hurnik
This one's an odd one (IMO):

I had a Flight Schedule Alert (set for 15 minutes or greater)--perhaps this is my issue.

Anyway, it was for WN flight on 1/26/19 from ALB to HOU via MDW (so I had two alerts, one for the ALB - MDW and one for the MDW to HOU).
Off the top of my head I can't recall the flight #.

Anyway, Southwest emailed me with a "schedule change" and in reality all it was is that the ALB - MDW flight # changed. Same time, date, etc.
So I logged into expert flyer and found my ALB-MDW alert and clicked the little verify/check button and it did its thing and popped up a notification stating that the schedule HAD changed.

But I never got an alert.
This is more of a curiosity on my end, since it was just a flight # change, and not really a schedule change, but was just curious as to why it didn't alert me?

Is it because I had set the threshold for 15 minutes or more?

NOT complaining here, just curious, as I'm new to the paid version of expert flyer, so still learning how to do things.

Thank you!
The Schedule Change alert lets you know if the times of a specific flight change, it won't know if the flight number changed to a different one, it looks for the specific flight number/airline combination. Without knowing the flight number we can't look to see how Southwest changed the schedules, they might have just removed that flight number for that day. But if you email us directly we can look it up in your account. Also the Quick Check won't initiate an email notification.