FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA RTW vs RT award availability
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2018, 11:49 am
bds123123

ANA RTW vs RT award availability

TLDR version - Flight TK731 doesn't show up on award searching on United or ExpertFlyer, when it did previously. Is this flight still available for award booking for ANA RTW?

Hello all, I'm looking to finalize my first award booking for my honeymoon, & after a lot of research and MR points hoarding I've run into some road blocks that I was looking for help with. I was looking at a 3 week trip with my primary destination is Thailand and was looking to spend some time in MLE as well while across the globe. My original plan was ANA RTW for 125K each business class I, but this seems like it may not be possible as I'll detail below so was going to just to ANA award RT and book my own flights out of BKK. A lot of this is flexible especially in USA, but I was looking at a RTW itinerary as:
6/19 IAH-> NRT on UA7
6/23 HND -> BKK on NH849
6/23 BKK -> CNX on TG102
7/3 SIN -> MLE on SQ452
7/9 MLE-> IST on TK 731
7/10 IST-> JFK on TK 3

However, the TK731 flight, which was previously available on ExpertFlyer/United search, no longer shows this flight on award search for ANY dates. Not just flights with no availability, it just doesn't show up at all. It still shows up on Google Flights, and on Star Alliance's RTW planning tool. Does anyone have any insight as to why this may be?

Also if I'm transferring from MR to ANA miles, would I be able to transfer all of these to my account for both of our flights, or would I transfer half into my ANA account and half into my fiancee's? We'll obviously be married at the time of our honeymoon but likely won't change name on passport etc because of timing, but I know that ANA has some weird rules about this and don't want to get all of my hard-earned points in the wrong account!

Thank you in advance for any help. Sorry for the detailed post but was hoping to keep y'all from having to do any work in order to help me out since I've wasted so much time myself already!

PS Was looking at this backup itinerary:
I assumed that maybe the flight was no longer available for award booking, so I was just going to book RT IAH/BKK and deal with the shorter flights myself, with a similar itinerary:
6/19 IAH-> NRT on UA7
6/23 HND -> BKK on NH849
6/23 BKK -> CNX on TG102
7/10 BKK-> TPE on BR202
7/10 TPE -> IAH on BR 52

However the total came out to be 272K miles for 2, as opposed to the 225K that I was expecting when online booking on ANA website. Is this the rate for all non-ANA metal bookings or do some still allow to do at the ANA price?

Last edited by bds123123; Nov 16, 2018 at 1:19 pm Reason: added TLDR version