FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - REPORT: Washington DC Hotels Part 1
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:02 am
FlyingDoctorwu

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Long weekend upcoming. Premium room below suite level. Pricing and benefits the same. No particular need to be near monuments/museums/neighborhoods. Not considering anything other than these two. What would you do?:

Hay-Adams - have stayed there 7-8 times before; love it and being so close to the White House.

Four Seasons - never stayed there; used to walk by when I lived in DC and was young and couldn’t afford anything close to that, thinking some day I’ll stay there ...

I go to DC about once a year for a long weekend... Most of the shops/restaurants we frequent are either in Georgetown or Dupont.. so we stay somewhere in that area.. never stay near any of the tourist attractions...

Four Seasons: Something about this hotel just doesn't appeal to me. I'm not sure if it's the decor, or the drab external architecture but we've only stayed here once and never really wanted to return. We stayed in a West Wing one bedroom suite, which in my mind has quite a strange layout (basically the bedroom has no windows.. Service was quite good; I had made a couple requests that were honored to a very high standard. The location is quite good as you know; right at the start of Georgetown..

I know you're not considering anywhere else but we have stayed at the PH, which is the value leader in DC. Keep in mind Hyatt Privé bookings come with an upgrade at booking, so that can be quite valuable. Blue Duck has solid breakfast.. For the price, this is often my choice, plus of it's convenient location. Note: I haven't stayed in anything below a suite here but I would avoid the entry level rooms (which you should be able to with a prive booking) because I think they are just shower over bathtub combinations...

We have also stayed at the Rosewood.. between the FS and the Rosewood I would pick the Rosewood every time.. it's a very intimate hotel, solid service, loved the room decor.. location is right smack dab in the middle of Georgetown.. If it's just the wife and I than this is my choice everytime... my one stay here my virtuoso agent (Besvisor) was able to confirm an upgrade at booking..

FDW