FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre Existing Reservation changed to higher points
Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:43 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by flyer4512

Before the merger on April 26,2018 I booked The Four Points Sheraton Orlando from 4/6/19 - 4/10/12019 using 15K SPG points for all 4 nights.

When I looked at my reservation tonight it shows I paid 45K points for all 4 nights and if I try to order the hotel cert it says I owe 55K Marriott points. I'm guessing the 45 K number comes from the 1/3 SPG - Marriott point exchange ratio but Marriott raised the rate at this hotel after the merger to 25K per night so the total cost if you booked today for 4 nights would be 100K Marriott points.

Will this reservation be honored for the 15K SPG points I used to book it before the merger or am going to have to pay 55K more Marriott points ? Thanks
Yes, they should honor the original rate of 45,000 MPG points. However, what I see with your screen shot you were attempting a change to your reservation which does trigger a repricing and is within the rules. I hope you canceled out of that process and it sounds like a (dreaded) call is in order.