FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does AF close all flights 20 mins before departure at CDG?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:10 am
Ditto

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Perhaps not, but it is not the OP fault. The OP has a contract with the airline and not the airport or security staff. So if there is a delay I would expect the airline to fix it. The airline has contracted the airport, so theoretically they can then claim the expenses there.

Perhaps that is a bit unrealistic to actually happen that way, and perhaps I would expect the airline to just accept the extra costs. But the OP, just doing what he was supposed to during his transfer, should not have to pay for the delay.

But...it seems that in this case that actually did happen. The OP (and other delayed pax) received a hotel and a seat on the next flight. So the problem here, really, is about the airline staff attitude.
If many pax have an issue I might agree with you here that the airline is contributing to the fault by e.g. having a too short MCT.
We don't really know if it is or isn't OP's fault, he mentions "caused partially by the amateurish training of the x-ray guards" but what is the other part?

Either way the airline has no obligation here, so he is indeed "lucky" that they took care of him, hard to say much about the airline staff attitude.