FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to check in and overnight in Zurich
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:37 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by rum
Hi,

I'm travelling SWISS and LH soon but with my A3 frequent flyer number on the ticket.
I am not a member of SWISS and LH programmes, so I was wondering how can I check in and get an electronic boarding pass collected on my phone? Is there a way to do this either via the SWISS or LH websites or through the Aegean app?

I was also wondering about an overnight stay in Zurich. I have about 7-8 hours between my connecting SWISS flights which is overnight. Would I be able to get a hotel and can you recommend which hotel is going to be really close or in the airport? I have so far seen a Radisson (which is three times the price of anything else), but also some others like Park Inn (Radisson group), a Hilton brand and a Holiday Inn all at fairly reasonable rates. I have FF accounts with all of these so was wondering which is most practical. I will arrive at 2235 and will need to check in for the next flight at around 0500 or 0530.

Thanks in advance.
although its the most expensive The Radisson is probably the best option. Its < a 5 min walk to the term. Problem with The Park Inn is you hav eto sign up for the shuttle by the time you get there the early shuttles may already be full, not sure taxis are hanging around then. Also most hotels now charge a fee for the shuttle some only from the Hotel, others both ways, its not much 2nd the shuttles leave at fixed times some may not run as late as you will need it to. Miss it and youre hanging around for another hour or paying for a taxi

Personally I stay at The Radisson to avoid any problems and max my sleep time, its not worth 70k in pts but after arriving to my hotel only to find out all the possible shuttles the next morn that would get me back to the airport in time were already full, I simply had them CX the res and went to The Radisson and never looked back after that