FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this a weird hotel policy?
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:25 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lebowski2222
I'll be honest, this is my first time booking a budget hotel like this and was just weirded out by the policy, only paid 60 total and its in a decent location in Milwaukee, I guess I was just shocked by the policy but didn't realize this was common for Budget hotels. It makes a lot of sense now
It’s an attempt to avoid the property being used for disruptive or illegal activities — drugs, prostitution, underage consumption of alcohol and parties for such and otherwise — and to avoid catering to the local homeless population.

Passport card and/or passport works fine as ID for adults at such properties in Milwaukee, even if holding a local driver’s license or other state ID with a local address within 30 miles. And more times than not, local properties there will avoid enforcement of such a local resident ban if the local doesn’t get profiled as being a problem customers of the sort mentioned in my prior paragraph. I don’t know if the state laws on lodging services have changed in more recent years, but a state law applicable to Wisconsin hoteliers used to restrict the grounds upon which hoteliers may lawfully deny needed lodging services.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 14, 2018 at 6:31 am