FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newbie Question 4h cnx twice at ZRH -- LX F lounges/chauffeur drive best plan?
View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:47 pm
guymccr

Originally Posted by MichielR

Indeed that should have read FCL A, well spotted. Thanks
Thank you all so much for your suggestions, hugely appreciated and great to have that knowledge from all of you!

I have now done the outbound routing and basically went with what was generally suggested , i.e. shorter stop first at FCL A for fruit brandies and a look around ...

Then incredibly I was able to get a private Mercedes car to FCL E instead of the planned van, just by asking! *Amazing* experience !

All the insights I received from you guys in particular about FCL E were spot-on, I thought it to be superior too. In my view, the a la carte selection there is better than LH FCT at FRA.

The dayrooms are so good (I managed to snag Montreux) and the terrace was actually cool to be out there to planespot for some minutes in the evening too. I hope to spend some more time there during my inbound.

I even got a shirt ironed while at FCL E. The lounge was not too busy so the staff were happy to make an exception with this. They also commented it is a strange anomaly that this isn't a usual service offered in LX FCL A & E, but it is standard service at LX Arrivals lounge! I guess that is because of more typical demand there ...

Again -- thank you all on here (worldclubber, chris63, MichielR) for your expert opinions and advice. It made such a difference to my outbound experience and I am sure it will again when I do the inbound!

Cheers
G