FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:49 am
Knobbgb

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Chr04
I am Aegean Gold. In domestic flight if rows 3 or 4 are free, I would prefer to book so I could have more space. The 2 euros I will pay, I will drink 2 Coca Cola at the lounge, or take a couple of water with me, so I get even with them.
But with me it's about the principle, not the 2 Euro cost! And on domestic legs I usually consume enough in the lounge to 'get even' for the whole cost of the flight!

At boarding in ATH the ground crew tried to force us to seat in the back since we didn't pay for the seats.
Wow, that really surprises me. Should a gate agent really be able to see into your booking to know how much you paid? Or why would they care so long as there wasn't a clash of seat allocation with someone else? Were the rest of the paid seats totally full? The cynical part of me thinks this was maybe some agent wanting to 'upgrade' their friends for free and you were in the way.