FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:01 am
NewToMilesPr

Programs: AA, Qatar, Delta, KLM
Originally Posted by Matt4
Qmiles are good for QR flight upgrades and QR award flights (but availability is often low).

You should be able to credit QR flights to AA after the flight but I don’t know how it works with AA. It’s more simple to give your AA number at check-in to automatically credit the flight on your AA account.

AFAIK there’s no way to check partner award flights availability with QR other than posting a request and waiting days for a (99% of the case) negative answer. Even if you can find AA award availability on any other OneWorld airline it doesn’t mean you’ll get availability with QR. QR seams to have a super low award inventory access on other OneWorld airlines or just super lazy customers service agents that found it faster to answer no rather than to spend 1 minute checking for availability...

I never heard about award booking canceled by QR for no reason. Where did you read that ?
Thanks again Matt4. Due to the time crunch, it looks like my Dad should pay for this trip and hopefully he can use the Qmiles early next year before it expires.

>> I never heard about award booking canceled by QR for no reason. Where did you read that ?
There's a thread about the 5th below this one, but I did miss the "flight cancelled" part. I talked to QR earlier today and yes, they don't cancel....only AA can and its only when AA cancels the flight.