FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Pre-2019) Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:52 am
SP03

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Which station serves more of the high speed trains to Beijing - or is it 50:50?

Which hotel is closer to PVG airport? My family will arrive from Canada in the late afternoon on Jan 1, and then by taxi travel to a hotel.

The proximity of Courtyard to Shanghai Station means that one can possibly (if rolling the checked bag, and if one has one additional small bag) walk to the train station from the Courtyard.
But I can be certain that the Courtyard does not have a dedicated concierge - but the Renaissance (Zhongshan Park Ren) would have a dedicated concierge.
Having looked at the Marriott web site, I do not believe either hotel has complimentary breakfast.
You can search for train schedule on Ctrip. I checked schedule on a random date in Dec. There are 7 departures from SHA station but 36 trains leaving from Hongqiao.

I personally think Ren Zhongshan is in the best location because it's on the same subway line that connects the two airports. So you can just take the train from PVG to the hotel (and the hotel sits right above the subway stop). Then take the same subway to Hongqiao Station.

Hongqiao in the main transport hub, not Shanghai Station