FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back or "nested" ticketing questions, discussion (consolidated)
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:58 am
miadukes

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by fordan
That’s called “back-to-back” ticketing and is a violation of AA’s Contract of Carriage meaning they can cancel the tickets. Whether they will notice and cancel them I have no idea.
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Technically it's against the rules in using nested tickets to circumvent minimum stay requirements.

However, in practice and reality you will have no problem, especially just for a few tickets. AA is just happy to take your money for all 3 tickets, as you said otherwise you could book the other tickets with UA or DL. If you were flying this kind of routine for months on end then AA might speak up, but in this case it will be no problem at all.
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, you might get away with it, but it is at the discretion of AA to enforce their rules or not, which this violates. Personally, I would consider the risks involved. There have been reports of chronic offenders having their tickets canceled on the return leaving the passenger away from home and the only choice was to book a walk-up fare to get home, or travel a different airline. Is this acceptable given your risk tolerance?
Thanks, I had to idea what it was called but figured if i posted here someone would know. Yes, since its Europe my tolerance is so so, i wanted to know the details before doing anything and no I probaby wouldn't now knowing what you guys said but I might do it i i can book on two different carries, that will not a be a problem right since presumably one carrier will not know about the other so they technically it shouldn't violate anything? I haven't quite worked out if there are that signifact savings this way as opposed to just paying maybe $100 ore for the outright tickets, I really have to do the math and see if it makes sense since it would require all sorts of keeping up with tickets. but thank you guys, i won't try to pull this off with just AA since like PP said, I do not want to have an issue down the line.

eta: i asked here because it seemed too good to be true and im glad i asked.