FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:05 am
H2L

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
OK, I feel like I have been researching this for weeks... in fact it is only a week... but my wife has commented that she would like to see me more than a few minutes a day so I have finally pulled the trigger on a OTP-LHR-JFK-LAX-PHX run in April 19. 1159GBP

It should have yielded 800TP (80+140+140+40=400TP x 2 = 800TP) but I screwed up on the booking and somehow managed to book a AA flight that is operated by Sky West so I don't think I'll get the 40TP I should have got from LAX-PHX. Or will I? It isn't in MMB on BA yet so I'll check when all the itinerary is on the BA.com (it is all on AA.com but only some of it is on BA.com at the moment for some reason!).

However, even with that screw up, it is 760TP for 1159GBP --> 1.52GBP/TP - still pretty good.
Just done almost exactly the same! Same date, same fare, but all BA/AA. Did the same routing in August this year so really should broaden my horizons - but it's such a bargain and in the second week of a new TP year will get me well on the way to retaining gold and setting the platform for GUFs..?
(Must just say a quick thank you to all the selfless souls on FT who give so freely of their knowledge and encouragement - people like KARFA, CWS, onobond etc. Without you ... Etc etc etc &#128522