Old Nov 10, 18, 12:48 pm
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
If location is important to you, the JW wins hands' down.
I've stayed at the W a few times so know the location well and don't mind the location of it and the R-C. I can see how it's not ideal, but for our planned activities on this trip it will work well enough, and it's a short trip so the R-C's easy access to the Airport Express is a bigger part of the overall value proposition than it would be on a longer stay. (And since I've done it before I know my way from the MTR through Elements to the R-C, which is itself a bit of a trick the first time you do it.)

BTW, on the other topic of discussion, for a January 2019 stay I was also offered HK$2100/night for the club upgrade on either a points or base cash booking, which is about the same as the price difference between a base room and a club room for the same dates. I considered it, but ultimately decided against since I'm booking through Virtuoso so will have breakfast included anyway, the Virtuoso $100 credit will also cover some drinks or another meal at the hotel, and we'll be planning to go out for most of the meals anyway so club access would mostly be wasted.