FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:48 am
sinfonia

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by EqualOpp
Wonder what would have happened if I tried to book a (New) Cat 6 with the old package? Anyone try that?
Not purposefully, but kind-of. Either a confused MR agent or a glitchy system seemed to have attached my unattached OC5 to a NC5 hotel reservation. It currently remains attached, though it is a reservation I do not intend to keep, but I am waiting to detach it until I have a bit more clear plan of use for the TP certificate. I realize that I'm going to basically get one-shot at upgrading this thing, and not certain if I really need the upgrade or not, so when I have a better idea how I want to use the TP certificate, I will either upgrade or not at that time.

I happened to mention this to my Ambassador (that the certificate category does not match up with the reservation's hotel category) and he seemed to think it would be fine and accepted at the hotel when I took that trip (we did not get into the fact that I do not intend to keep the reservation), but I have doubts that it would be such smooth-sailing if I just showed up and tried to use it. I would guess that Marriott would remove whatever additional points were necessary from my account, understandably so, and I wish to have more control over it, so I will detach it and either upgrade it or attach it to a copacetic reservation.

All of that said, it can be done (attach it to the NC of the same number).