FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:05 am
mk1

Programs: KE Morning Calm; AA Plat
Originally Posted by arctann
Approved 10/28 via a referral link from my sister.

Still haven't received the card as of 11/9...

On the approval page it said 3-5 business days. Then I called in and was told 7-10 business days. Then I got a message on the website saying "Due to high demand, you may be experiencing delayed delivery of the new metal card. You should expect to receive your card(s) no later than November 10th. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience." Now I'm getting that same message, but they changed the 10th to the 16th. I'm sure they'll miss the 16th deadline too.

This is super frustrating and a terrible look for AMEX. I've been a cardholder long enough to remember when AMEX had great customer service. I guess that is no longer the case.
I would try calling again and say you need it for an upcoming trip.

My recent experience: applied online and was approved on 10/31. Got the same 3-5 business day arrival expectation. Called on Monday 11/5, saying I was hoping to have it before I left for a trip this weekend. Very helpful agent said they would try and get it to me before I left on Friday, and that she would call me on Thursday to confirm. She did in fact call me again on Thursday to confirm I received the card that was overnighted to me.