FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX715 - no entertainment on board
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:12 am
Singapore_Air

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Equally, however, you need to apply some common sense when it comes to the 'compensation culture.' I could add to your list above with, for example, no hand lotion in the bathroom, or perhaps no 'prestige' hand lotion. Maybe the toilet paper was a bit too hard, and not five-ply. What if the air vent above the seat was faulty. One could go on forever. My rule of thumb is that, if it is not covered by some international convention (Montreal/Warsaw, EC261, etc) it probably isn't worth my time to complain.
That's fine... for you. However, I think whilst we could point to those items you highlighted, let's focus on the material aspect of the inflight product not being present for the OP (the inflight entertainment system). I would expect most people to agree this should be functional and is an integral part of the inflight product. If this is not functional then certainly some sort of compensation / gesture of goodwill is due from an airline that presents itself to have high customer service standards. It seems CX has done this from the OP's subsequent posts.