FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX715 - no entertainment on board
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:30 am
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Rivarix
Why not? OP was flying J so what if seat did not recline (and J was full)? Should OP ask for compensation considering it was only a 3 hour flight? What if CX forgot to load champagne? What if CX forgot or didn't load enough food for all passengers? What if luggage didn't arrive with OP and CX put it on the next flight an hour or two later (yes, CX715 is last flight of the day but say OP was flying CX735 and bag arrived with CX635 or CX657)? Where do you draw the line between letting it go and asking for compensation?

OP paid a premium to fly CX and with that premium there's a certain, bare minimum of service that one should expect from CX (other than long-haul seat on this route ). It's one thing to 'look' for every little mistake and request compensation but I do think it's reasonable to expect IFE to work and when it's not, compensation (money, miles, voucher, etc) is appropriate. OP was not flying TR or 3K.
I think you mostly answered your question for yourself. Yes, a premium cabin on a premium carrier should not give the impression that it is a LCC. Equally, however, you need to apply some common sense when it comes to the 'compensation culture.' I could add to your list above with, for example, no hand lotion in the bathroom, or perhaps no 'prestige' hand lotion. Maybe the toilet paper was a bit too hard, and not five-ply. What if the air vent above the seat was faulty. One could go on forever. My rule of thumb is that, if it is not covered by some international convention (Montreal/Warsaw, EC261, etc) it probably isn't worth my time to complain.