FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott.com website : bugs, glitches and outages
Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:35 pm
RobOnLI
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by sdsearch
There is no starwoodhotels.com any more. All there is is: https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg Any attempt to go starwoodhotels.com simply gets redirected to that.

So there's a Marriott version of the Marriott site (which displays a Marriott logo at the top left of the screen), and there's an SPG version of the Marriott site (which displays an SPG logo at the top left of the screen).

If you still have separate accounts, then reservations booked through the SPG version of the Marriott site will only appear on the SPG version of the Marriott site, not on the Marriott version of the Marriott site. Similarly, reservations booked through the Marriott version of the Marriott site will only appear on the Marriott version of the Marriott site, not on the SPG version of the Marriott site.

Meanwhile, issues with accounts starting in "0" are well-known. I don't know why don't just issue new account numbers to people with those accounts at this point, it's starting to seem like they may never get the problems with accounts starting In "0" fixed any other way?
I understand starwoodhotels.com may not exist as a landing page for SPG properties and that it redirects to Marriott.com, but it absolutely is alive and well for the booking process. Go to any SPG hotel through Marriott.com and when booking a room you are redirected to starwoodhotels.com. All reservations are completed in that domain as well.

So back to my post which was not answered. Are reservations not appearing on marriott.com that are booked through starwoodhotels.com because it's starwoodhotels.com or because it's my leading-zero MR#?

I no longer have an SPG number. I merged my accounts a while ago.

Thanks,
RM