FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Deer Valley - Park City, UT [Master Thread]
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:49 pm
spgplat21

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by tygran37
Has anyone booked more than a base room via points here since the merger? is that possible?

I don't need a suite or anything but I would like a fireplace.
It used to be pretty easy to do (the deluxe and grand deluxe rooms were available for minor upcharges), so I would call to see if it's still possible. You'll have to call the old SPG people, since Marriott folks won't be able to tell as St. Regis hasn't moved over to the new reservation system yet.

I have stayed in almost every room type at the hotel and the fireplace rooms are not much larger than the non-fireplace rooms though. So if it's not possible to confirm those with points, I wouldn't necessarily avoid booking here. The rate difference are also usually pretty small, so you may try booking regular room and calling to confirm an upgrade for the cash difference.

Not sure of your status, but I think as an old SPG platinum I've only ended up in the standard superior room once in 10 or so stays during ski season.