FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Widebody service to Dubai DXB
View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:57 pm
ffay005

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Yeah, and they don't even want to fill that cabin. I made my award reservation 6 days before the trip. It showed J5. It went down to J3 4 days before. 3 days before, I called during office hours. "Other department" wouldn't confirm my seat and I was told there's a waitlist with golds and silvers, but no platsku (or that's how I read between the lines). 2 days before, I called again and made a point in doing so after office hours. I was told "other department" closes at 6 pm but there's an "other other department" that usually doesn't handle these unless there's an emergency. In the end, this other-other was contacted and my seat cleared. I wonder if it was more or less by mistake and if the "other department" would have left it uncleared. In the end, the flight took off today with J2, so those golds and silvers on the waitlist were in Y. Why? Did AY really believe that someone would show up at the airport at boarding time to buy those two seats? Or do they have a principle of not filling the very last seats with anything but revenue ticket holders?