FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA/BA/AY/IB Long Haul basic unbundled / HBO fares announced
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:42 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by englisha
I see this link which was posted after the initial announcement has now been updated with the new information. It links directly to the BA website.

The original text can still be found here : https://loyaltylobby.com/wp-content/...e-guide_en.pdf
OK, so you have indeed 2 copies of the same file, which is a standard guidance given to the travel trade by the JB airlines. The one which is helpful to you is dated 1 March 2018 and the internal PDF date is 2 March 2018 - this sits on the loyaltylobby website, but you better download your own copy. The second file on BA's website is not dated on page 1 for some reason, but has an internal PDF date of 7 June 2018. If you bought your ticket in between these two dates then I guess you have a chance of not paying fees on BA - you could try showing this at check-in, but more likely you will have to pay the fees and then claim them back from BA first, AA next, after the event. This could be painful but with those documents to hand you may have a chance. If you were ticketed after 7 June 2018 I suspect it won't work.