FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Increased bonus on the UK credit cards
View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:45 pm
PaulH1

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Exactly. Integrity is everything and Virgin money money credit card FAIL

i saw a promo online offering 6000 bonus miles for each of the first 3 months if spend on card was over £1k a month
on paid card with £160 annual fee
That was 15000 sign up and 18000 bonus if £3k spent in 3 months

i spoke to 4 separate telephone agents including a manageress all of whom confirmed I would get this promo
being thorough I checked pre application, post application when I had other issues and spoke to a manageress who also confirmed if any other issues arise I could close my account and get refund of annual fee, I also rechecked promo on receipt of the card and again after statement in month one when the promo miles never posted and was told it posts a month in advance and be patient I will definitely get promo miles

after statement month 2 posted the promo still never triggered so I enquired again and this time I was told I am not eligible for the 18000 miles promo as it was targeted.

I then made a complaint and the telephone calls were listened to and i was told there was nothing they could do and they will not be honouring it even though they found all the calls confirming I would.

Tried to close account and get refund of £160 annual fee as advised by manageress and this Was also denied and I was then told no refund of fee will be made

I have had many issues with this credit card and I have only had it for 3 months
i have waited in telephone queue for nearly an hour on several occasions waiting for agent to answer
had my card blocked over a £9 purchase waited 45 minutes to get through only to be told that department was closed and call back tomorrow and denied a callback
Dealt with rude telephone agents who have called literally me a liar when they advised I was telephoned and emailed when the card was blocked and I said I was not contacted whatsoever.

worst credit card company I have ever had the displeasure to do business with
just look on trustpilot they score 1 out of 10
They are ranked 23rd out of 24 banks